Main House

The main house on Pine Ridge Farm is the private residence of owners Mike and Elizabeth Gioja. The house was built in the 1840s on a stone foundation as a working farm with dairy and beef cows, chickens, ducks and horses to pull the plows and wagons. The property was eventually purchased by Elizabeth's mother in 1951. She maintained and operated the farm using a vintage Allis Chalmers tractor to cut and bail hay.
During the summer months, guests looking to escape the heat of New York City stayed in the house which Elizabeth's mother ran as a bed and breakfast. In 1962, the house became the family's full-time, private home.